Saturday 30 January 2010

Pretty cold weather

It was very cold and also very picturesque today. Ideal running conditions, if you've got nice warm kit - which I have.


The snow has nearly all gone now. I can't remember a time when snow has lasted for a month. Normally it's gone in a week. Here's me obeying all the rules of photographic composition while taking a photo of the snow.


The nights are getting longer which augurs well for evening runs in the not-too-distant future. I was out at 4:30 today and it was fine. The longer evenings should also allow me to get some road bike miles in - I'm planning another 90-miler in about 2 months' time.

For those not aware of the winking man. Here's a link: http://www.winkingman.com/pages/where.php

I found another slightly winking could-be-a-man-if-you-have-a-good-imagination, and the sun was behind it which made for a nice photo and an excuse to stop again. Looking at it again I think the man would have to be wearing a very elaborate hat.


This blog is probably playing havoc with my training as I keep stopping to take photos. I'll try to get serious and just post GPS traces in the summer.
On the way back I found these icicles, which also amused me. I thought they looked like the top of some monster's mouth about to bite down.

No comments:

Post a Comment