Monday 23 January 2012

Pooh hats

I've invented a new game that is ideal for children who live in windy places, or who are unable to play pooh sticks from bridges over rivers.
Step 1: Wait until it's very windy
Step 2: Go to a local monument (eg, Solomon's Temple near Buxton)
Step 3: Climb to the top and throw your hats into the wind
Step 4: Get Mrs Noel to chase them across a field, all the while cursing you for doing something so stupid with the children's hats.




In hindsight, I think it was a bit too windy. It very quickly turned from something a bit funny to amuse the kids into something a bit worrying with that feeling in the back of my mind that I would probably get shouted at. Luckily Mrs Noel did very well pursuing the hats, and we didn't lose any.

Oh, and... my hat won. In your face, kids :)

P.S. Having added the link to the Wikipedia entry for Pooh sticks, I am now aware that there is an annual world championships. When Pooh hats becomes as popular, I would like to propose Solomon's Temple, Buxton as one of the venues.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing pooh hats and the down and up races at this years Olympics.

    ReplyDelete