Friday 20 April 2012

Jura training camp

I had a few days working in Geneva and my hotel was just to the north, in France. So I took the opportunity to run up a very small bit of the Jura range one evening.
Here's my start point

Here are the hills I am aiming for. The town in the foreground is Thoiry. It's hard for me to judge how big these hills are.

The answer is "pretty big". I was running/walking uphill for about an hour before I got worried about the time and turned round. I think there was still a lot of uphill to go. Here's my high-point with some snow on the ground to make it feel even higher.


It had been quite a claggy day, but it cleared to give me a nice view. My hotel is down there somewhere.


For those of you who know the Jura, apparently I was part way up towards the summit of Le Reculet. I think it would have been too snowy to get there, as well as too dark by the time I reached it.

I've not explored around Geneva before. I was surprised by how accessible the Jura is from Geneva.

I'm hoping my small foray will prove to be the ideal training for Kinder Downfall race, this Sunday. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment