Thursday 20 August 2009

Swimming - technique clicks but not speed or breathing

I'm not sure how I can have got better from last week. Perhaps I became totally immersed in Monday's TI class despite not receiving any tuition (not that I begrudge that - it was busy). But today, my stroke length increased.

It's funny, I think there's too much to think about if you try to think about each joint and muscle. Today I found a better way - pretend to be Superman for each stroke. This way I twist my body more and adopt a pose that seems ideal for the long gliding bit of the stroke. Of course I know it as the classic one-arm-forward Superman flying style, but it seems to work, so great.

I just need a childhood-memory-based skill technique that allows me to master relaxed breathing and going more quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment